The game of Roulette is attractive to casual less experienced leisurely online gamblers. The main reason is that very little strategy is required. It is relatively slow paced and the rules are easy to understand. Pick any number between 1 and 36, and then place your bet.
Many players simply bet their number “straight up”. This means that hitting that number is the only way to win and pays off at 35 to 1 odds. Another common wagering strategy is to bet on one of several 1 to 1 propositions, i.e.… odd/even, red/back, or high (18 through 36)/low (1 through 18).
Roulette players may increase their winning chances by learning to wager on entire groups of numbers. This type of wager is accomplished by laying the appropriate chip in the appropriate spot on the table layout. The dealer will be more than happy to assist you in this matter. All you need to do is ask him/her.
Some examples of these types of wagers are:
• Wager on a set of 6 numbers. This winning bet pays 5 to 1 odds.
• Wager on a set of 4 numbers. This winning bet pays 8 to 1 odds.
• Wager on a set of 3 numbers. This winning bet pays 11 to 1 odds.
• Wager on a set of 2 numbers. This winning bet pays 17 to 1 odds
• Wager on a complete column of numbers or set of 12 numbers. Winning bets pay 2 to 1 odds either way.
The casino has a slight advantage on these wagers which amounts to a little over 5%. So you don’t really get an edge, but variety in your wagering and usually a winning night.